DRY SEASON HIGH SEASON IS HERE!!!
SECURE A BED BOOK ONLINE NOW!!!
- We opened up our new bar! We are proud to announce the official opening of the Batji Bar. Located in our sister hostel Youthshack Backpackers, Batji Bar is just 2 minutes walk from Chillis and is a great place to chillout.
- Dry season is almost over! :( Which means things are going to start getting quiet as of November
- Chillis Backpackers goes to China for the tourism convention
- BOOK MINIMUM THREE DAYS TOURING DURING DECEMBER TO MARCH AND GET ONE FREE NIGHT ACCOMMODATION *Conditions Apply*
- Click here to book/enquire.
- 1 DAY LITCHFIELD AND JUMPING CROCODILES
Crocodiles and waterfalls! See massive saltwater crocodiles leap and feed on an Adelaide River cruise then explore Litchfield National Park. Cascading waterfalls, rainforests and swimming holes.
- 2 DAY KAKADU NOV - MAR
The ultimate outdoor adventure destination, Kakadu National Park is Australia’s largest National Park. World Heritage Listed for it’s natural and cultural values, take in rugged escarpments, lush wetlands, plunging gorges, waterfalls.
- 3 DAY KAKADU / LITCHFIELD NOV - MAR
Trek through the Top End of Australia on this 3 day adventure! Visit all the main attractions of Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks and take in rugged escarpments, lush wetlands, plunging gorges, waterfalls, wildlife.
- 3 DAY ULURU SAFARI
See the red centre icons without the price tag! Hike the ‘Valley of the Winds’ at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), watch the colours of ‘The Rock’ change at sunset and sunrise, learn about Aboriginal Culture, explore Kings Canyon and swag under the stars.
- 8 Day Darwin To Alice Springs Tour
The Northern Territory is Australia’s real outback and home to the natural wonders of Kakadu and Uluru National Parks. This all inclusive tour will take you from the tropics of the Top End to the deserts of the Red Centre.
Chilli's Backpackers Hosts the Arafura Games!
Long Jumping at the Darwin 2011 Arafura Games.
Youthshack and Chillis Backpackers are happy to house over 80 Arafura Games participants who’ve come from far and wide to join in the Territories ultimate sporting event! Contestants from such countries as Timor, Macau, China, Taiwan, PNG, Fiji, New Caledonia, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia joined together with local athletes to fill the Marrara stadium for the opening ceremony for the Arafura Games 2011.
Teams from 37 nations will be taking part in the games in Darwin over the next week in a array of different events. This includes boxing, lifesaving, athletics, table tennis, weightlifting, long jump, sprinting and the famous sepak takraw.
The new sport for the 2011 Arafura Games is Twenty20 Cricket, one of the fasting growing sports in the world which will be sure to attract some diverse teams from across Australia and the Asia-Pacific.
The 2011 Arafura Games will be held from 7 to 14 May 2011 in Darwin. For more information please visit http://www.arafuragames.nt.gov.au/