DRY SEASON HIGH SEASON IS HERE!!!
SECURE A BED BOOK ONLINE NOW!!!
- We opened up our new bar! We are proud to announce the official opening of the Batji Bar. Located in our sister hostel Youthshack Backpackers, Batji Bar is just 2 minutes walk from Chillis and is a great place to chillout.
- Dry season is almost over! :( Which means things are going to start getting quiet as of November
- Chillis Backpackers goes to China for the tourism convention
- BOOK MINIMUM THREE DAYS TOURING DURING DECEMBER TO MARCH AND GET ONE FREE NIGHT ACCOMMODATION *Conditions Apply*
- Click here to book/enquire.
- 1 DAY LITCHFIELD AND JUMPING CROCODILES
Crocodiles and waterfalls! See massive saltwater crocodiles leap and feed on an Adelaide River cruise then explore Litchfield National Park. Cascading waterfalls, rainforests and swimming holes.
- 2 DAY KAKADU NOV - MAR
The ultimate outdoor adventure destination, Kakadu National Park is Australia’s largest National Park. World Heritage Listed for it’s natural and cultural values, take in rugged escarpments, lush wetlands, plunging gorges, waterfalls.
- 3 DAY KAKADU / LITCHFIELD NOV - MAR
Trek through the Top End of Australia on this 3 day adventure! Visit all the main attractions of Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks and take in rugged escarpments, lush wetlands, plunging gorges, waterfalls, wildlife.
- 3 DAY ULURU SAFARI
See the red centre icons without the price tag! Hike the ‘Valley of the Winds’ at Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), watch the colours of ‘The Rock’ change at sunset and sunrise, learn about Aboriginal Culture, explore Kings Canyon and swag under the stars.
- 8 Day Darwin To Alice Springs Tour
The Northern Territory is Australia’s real outback and home to the natural wonders of Kakadu and Uluru National Parks. This all inclusive tour will take you from the tropics of the Top End to the deserts of the Red Centre.
Darwin - Top Ten Cities for 2012
Famous Darwin sunset
Darwin has officially been labelled one of the best cities in the world to visit in 2012. Featured in Lonely Planet’s new travel book on the best things to see and do next year, Darwin is up then with the top ten cities from around the world.
Host of the 2012 Olympics, London has made number one, followed by Muscat and Bangalore. Other cities that came in ahead of Darwin were Cadiz, Stockholm, Guimares, Santiago, Hong Kong and Orlando.
"It was once easy to dismiss Darwin as a frontier town full of brawling fishermen, dreamy hippies and redneck truckers. With a pumping nocturnal scene, magical markets and restaurants, and world-class wilderness areas just down the road, today Darwin is the triumph of Australia's Top End," the book says.
The top ten cities to visit during 2012 were chosen by Lonely Planet travel experts who based their decisions on topicality, excitement, value and uniqueness.
Amoung cities, a list of top ten countries were also listed. Uganda was named as the top country to visit in 2012, followed by Burma, Ukraine, Jordan, Denmark, Bhutan, Cuba, New Caledonia, Taiwan and Switzerland.